Sunday, November 9, 2014

More Than Just Good Things

When I first read today's prompt, I thought that this would be an easy one to write.  My students and I start every class period by acknowledging "good things".  We recognize little things or big things that make our life good.  On a challenging day, good things might just be acknowledging we are alive and we have hope for a better tomorrow.  However, starting the class with "good things" doesn't mean I am necessarily cultivating an attitude of gratitude.  Even though related, it's not the same thing.

So, starting immediately, we will not only recognize the good things that make our life grand, but we will be thankful.  We will not only be thankful for things but also for the people in our life and our blogging will also take on a thankfulness slant.  I will make it a point to express my gratitude and hopefully by my example, students will follow.

And this doesn't have to end with Thanksgiving.  An attitude of gratitude is good all year long.  
I'm thinking this could be the start of a really good thing and I'm so grateful for this opportunity.

#BestYearEver

2 comments:

  1. I agree that gratitude knows no season! Keep in going all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to once again THANK YOU for throwing this great idea out to the community wiki- everyone loves it!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Please feel free to share your thoughts.