Monday, September 22, 2014

New Beginnings

If you ask me what my favorite time of the day is, I will always say mornings.  My husband and kids
might be shocked at that answer because they know how much I love to stay up late and sleep in.  Yet I love mornings because they are so refreshing, so peaceful, so inspiring.  Mornings remind me of second chances, of do-overs and an opportunity to start anew.  One of my favorite Bible verses is Lamentations 3:23, "God's mercies are new every morning." Evenings are great too because we can look back and reflect on what we did right and how we will do things differently the second go round, but mornings are the times when we actually get to redo it.

Life is full of second chances. As long as we have breath, there's always another opportunity be what you might have been. As a teacher and as a parent, mornings offer another chance at positively impacting that young life that seemed so lost the day before.  So what if we messed up today, it's never too late to go back and try again.  Some of us get it, the first time around, but others need two or three tries. And if we did well, mornings give us a chance to improve, to grow, to shine brighter. As long as we don't give up, there's always hope for a better tomorrow.

So if your lesson bombed and your students didn't respond as expected, whether or not, it's your fault, morning is just around the corner and you'll have a chance to try it again.   If everything went well, you will have the chance to be even better.

As tired as I am in the morning, I'm always thankful for a new day, a new beginning, another chance to leave a mark in this great world.

#BestYearEver


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Please feel free to share your thoughts.