Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Connoisseur of Gratitude

Image Source: Pixabay.com
Today is November 30, last day of November and last day of the Attitude of Gratitude Blogging Challenge.  This theme was perfect for me as Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  Thanksgiving makes me reflect and appreciate everything I have.  It's so easy to get caught up in the things we want to acquire or complain about the stresses of everyday life, that we become oblivious to all we are blessed with. Having an attitude of gratitude not only makes me feel content, but it breeds generosity. I love that in the United States we celebrate Thanksgiving right before the Christmas season. Whether you are Christian or not, the Christmas holiday and all the gifting brings with it a spirit of giving and kindness. Despite the shopping madness, holiday cheer transcends all cultural traditions and religions (for most people), and if our attitude and motives are good we will experience joy and peace.

Today's prompt asks us to practice an act of kindness and blog about your experience.  Until now, I found it easy to draft a post every day (time permitting).  However, I'm going to have to put this one off for a few days.  You see, just as November is a month of gratitude for me, December is a month of generosity.  It's the season to be jolly and true joy comes from giving, not only material things, but giving of ourselves.

I'm not joining another blogging challenge, but I will make it a point to be more generous and my blog posts in December will have a generosity slant to it.  So stay tuned, as I will soon share about some random act of kindness or of how in giving I have received.  I may be writing about being on the giving end, the receiving end, the observing end, or perhaps all three, but I will definitely seek opportunities to bless others for no good reason and I will try to bless those who probably wouldn't expect someone to be kind to them.  That's my personal challenge and we'll see how it plays out.

I found this beautiful quote as I was searching for an appropriate graphic for today's post and it expresses exactly how I feel after completing this challenge.



I hope that as I enter the Christmas season I am indeed transformed into a generous being.

Until next time....#BestYearEver

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Please feel free to share your thoughts.