Thursday, November 27, 2014

Time In a Bottle

Today is Thanksgiving - a day to reflect and give thanks for the people and things that make our life wonderful.  This year we are doing things a little different than usual.  Ever since I married my husband, I have been spending Thanksgiving in the Blue Ridge Mountains.  However, this year we are in sunny South Florida, enjoying the warm weather, beautiful beaches and lovely palm trees.  We came down last weekend for a wedding and stayed for Thanksgiving. The best part of course is sharing some good times with family we rarely get to see.  My husband and I have no family in North Carolina and even though we are blessed with some awesome friends and neighbors - blood is thicker than water and we so enjoy gathering with relatives from afar.

So, if I could bottle up a perfect day, what would it look like?  First of all, it must have great weather - just like today - sunny, in the mid 70s, light breezes flowing, ideal for waterfront dining.  I would be surrounded by folks that warm my heart and make me laugh so hard it hurts.  We all dress in our best fall outfits.  Conversations are harmonious and pleasant, no discord of any kind.  Music is playing and after dinner we all get up and dance.  Even those with two left feet are up dancing because we are so stuffed we need to burn some calories. Kids are behaving so well, we don't even realize they are around.

That's pretty much what Thanksgiving was like this year.  It was a blast! If only I could bottle it up and enjoy some of it every day.

Happy Thanksgiving my friends.

#BestYearEver

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're enjoying your family and the warm weather. I traveled to New England to visit my family for the holiday. It's snowed two days in a row so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #BestYearEver I like it!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Please feel free to share your thoughts.