Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Laugh Often

Image source: pixteller.com
A good friend in college once told me that I was a good audience because I laughed at everything. Actually, I don't really laugh at everything, but I do enjoy a good laugh and I really do make a good audience.  While I'm not exactly a comedian myself, I love to be around people who make me laugh. One of the reasons I fell in love with my husband was his sense of humor.  Early on in our marriage while we were still experiencing the growing pains of growing together as one, he would end a good fight by cracking a joke.  Humor got us through some tough times and it still does.

Humor has been a lifesaver, not only in my marriage and family, but also in my teaching career.  I do have to say that even though humor is a staple in my classroom, I am drawing a blank as to retelling a specific story about a time in my career where humor played a part.  I hesitated in writing this post, and am therefore a day late, but all I can say is that I am utterly grateful for humor.  In my class, students know that they can relax, let their hair down and usually get a good laugh.  We don't laugh at each other, but we do laugh with each other often and lots of learning goes on as we get a good laugh. 

Some of those funny stories will eventually come to me and I'll write about them when the time comes, but for now I can tell you that laughter gets me through the bumps and makes my life worthwhile and I'm so grateful for it.

#BestYearEver

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Please feel free to share your thoughts.